Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande’s Wedding Pictures, Info
- Actor Sushant Singh Rajput will marry his fiancée, actress Ankita Lokhande, in April, 2014.
- Ankita Lokhande and her husband, Sushant Singh Rajput, will celebrate 3 Wedding Receptions at Mumbai (where they live), at Indore (Ankita Lojhande’s home town) and Patna (Sushant Rajput’s hometown).
- In anticipation of their marriage, Sushant and Ankita have bought a new house in Mumbai’s Western suburb of Malad.
- As per news reports, Ankita Lokande and Sushant Singh Rajput have been living together for a few years.
- Sushant and Ankita have already enacted a mock Hindu marriage for the popular television serial “Pavitra Rishta” (please see pictures).
Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande’s Engagement
Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande had a very public “engagement”, when Sushant proposed to Ankita on the dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” (season 4). This episode was aired on 14 February, 2011.
This charming video shows Sushant Singh Rajput proposing to Ankita Lokhande.
How did Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande fall in love
(Please click on Ankita and Sushant’s Image to Enlarge)
- Ankita Lokhande and Sushant Singh Rajput fell in love on the sets of “Pavitra Rishta”. Anita plays a double role (“Archana Deshmukh” and “Anikta Raghav Mhatre”) in Zee TV’s longest running soap opera. Sushant Singh Rajput played the role of Ankita’s husband, Manav Damodar Deshmukh, until 2011, when he quit the show. “Manav” is now played by Hiten Tejwani.
- As per reports, it was not love at first sight for Ankita and Sushant; in fact they were not the best of friends. Ankita is an extrovert, whereas Sushant is a shy introvert who likes to keep to keep to himself. As they spent more time together on the set of “Pavetra Rishta”, they became friends and later fell in love with each other.
Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande: Profile, Pictures
Sushant Singh Rajput: Profile, Family, Education, Career
Sushant Singh Rajput’s Birthday and Place of Birth
- Sushant Singh Rajput was born on 21 January, 1986, in Patna, Bihar, where his father was a government employee.
Sushant Singh Rajput’s Parents, Family and Sisters
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s father is Mr K.K Singh, a former Government of India employee.
- Sushant’s mother died in 2002.
- Sushant Singh Rajput is the youngest of 5 siblings. He has 4 elder sisters who are married; one sister lives in Chandigarh, one in USA and two in New Delhi.
- Sushant and his parents belong to the “Rajput” community. Sushant Rajput’s family is originally from “Malldiha” Village in Bihar’s Purnea District.
Shushant Singh Rajput’s Education and Schooling
- Sushant Rajput did his schooling from St. Karen’s High School in Patna and Kulachi Hansraj Model School in New Delhi. Sushant was a bright student.
- Sushant Singh Rajput stood 7th in the All India Engineering Entrance Exams (AIEEE) after which he joined the Delhi College of Engineering (DCE) in 2003, to study to become an engineer.
- He dropped out of DCE in the 3rd year of engineering to come to Mumbai to pursue a career in acting.
(Please click on Sushant’s Childhood Picture to Enlarge)
Shusant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande’s House
- In November, 2013, Ankita Lokhande and Sushant Singh Rajput moved into a new house in Malad, in Mumbai.
- Prior to this, Sushant and Ankita used to live together in a house in Mumbai’s Western suburb of Lokhandwala.
Sushant Singh Rajput’s Acting Training
- While studying engineering, Sushant used to attend Shiamak Davar’s Dance Classes. He was part of Shiamak Davar’s dance troupe that performed at the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne.
- Shiamak Davar suggested to Sushant Singh Rajput that he should do theatre. Sushant took this suggestion seriously and joined Barry John’s acting school in Delhi.
- In real life Sushant Sing Rajput is a shy person; he took up acting and performing because it gave him the opportunity to overcome his shyness.
Sushant Singh Rajput’s Initial Years in Mumbai and his Mentors
- When Sushant left college and moved to Mumbai, he joined Nadira Babbar’s theatre company, “Ekjute”, and Ashley Lobo’s dance group.
Sushant Singh Rajput’s First Career Break on TV
- In 2008, an executive with Ekta Kapoor’s Balaji Telefilms spotted Sushant at Prithvi Theatre. This led to a role in Ekta Kapoor’s TV serial “Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil” , where he played the character called “Preet Juneja”.
Sushant Singh Rajput on TV with Ankita Lokhande
- In 2009, Sushant Singh Rajput was offered the lead role of Manav Deshmukh in the Balaji Telefilms’ serial “Pavitra Rishta”.
- Ankita Lokhande played his love interest and wife in the serial. This was the start of their love story.
- Sushant and Ankita were also together on the dance show “Jhalak Dhikla Jaa – 4”.
Sushant Singh Rajput’s Movie Debut and Film Career
- Around 2010-2011, Sushant was planning to go to USA to study film making when he was offered the role of “Ishaan” in director, Abhishek Kapoor’s Hindi film “Kai Po Chai”. The movie is based on Chetan Bhagat’s novel, “The 3 Mistakes of My Life”. For the role of “Ishaan”, Sushant underwent rigorous cricket training and he lost 14 Kgs for the role. Incidentally, his sister, “Mitu Singh”, is a state level cricketer.
- “Kai Po Che” released on 22 February, 2013 and with collections of over Rs 60 crore, it was declared a successful HIT film.
- Prior to this, Sushant had assisted director Mohit Suri in the making of “Raaz 2”.
- Shushant’s second Hindi movie was Yash Raj Films’ “Shudh Desi Romance” which was also a successful box office HIT.
- During the making of “Kai Po Che”, director Abhishek Kapoor showed rushes of the movie to director Rajkumar Hirani, who cast him in “P.K.” (Peekay). The story is that Raj kumar Hirani gave Sushant a signing amount of Rs 20 for “P.K.”, which Sushant has framed and hung up at home. P.K. will release on 25 December, 2014.
- Sushant Singh Rajput will start filming in May, 2014 for the big budget (Rs 150 crore) Shekhar Kapur film “Paani”. “Paani” is set in Mumbai in the year 2040 and is produced by Aditya Chopra’s Yash Raj Films. This will be Sushant Singh Rajput’s first lead role in an international film.
- Shushant Singh Rajput will play the title role of writer Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay’s “Detective Byomkesh Bakshi”. This Yash Raj Films movie is directed and co-produced by Dibakar Banerjee, and will release on 12 December, 2014.
Sushant Singh Rajput’s Past Relationships
- There are some news reports that suggest that Sushant Singh Rajput was in a relationship with actress Richa Chadha, who is from Delhi.
Ankita Lokhande: Background, Family, Education, Career
Ankita Lokhande’s Birthday and Place of Birth
- Ankita was born on 19 December, 1984 in Indore in Madhya Pradesh.
- Ankita Lokhande’s real name is “Tanuja Lokhande”.
Ankita Lokhande’s Height
- Ankita is 168 cm tall (5 feet 6 inches)
Ankita Lokhande’s Family and Background
- Ankita Lokhande is a Maharashtrian who was born and brought up in Indore in MP.
- Ankita Lokhande’s father is a businessman and her mother is a homemaker.
- Anita Lokhande has two brothers.
- Her pet name is “Mintu”.
Ankita Lokhande’s Education
- Ankita did her schooling from Indore.
- She joined “Frankfinn” to study to become an air hostess.
(Please click on Ankita’s Parent’s Pictures to Enlarge)
Ankita Lokhande’s Acting and Television Career
- Ankita Lokhande came to Mumbai from Indore in 2004 to try her luck in the Hindi TV and Film industry.
- In 2004, she first appeared on TV on “Zee CineStars Ki Khoj” on Zee TV.
- Ankita Lokhande’s big career break came in 2009 when she was cast in the lead role of Archana Deshmukh in Ekta Kapoor and Balaji Telefilms’ TV soap opera “Pavitra Rishta” on Zee TV. After the serial took an 18 year leap, Anita Lokhande, now plays two characters on the show, “Anikta Raghav Mhatre” and “Archana”. “Pavitra Rishta” is Zee TV’s longest running soap opera.
- Over the years, Ankita Lokande has appeared on Award shows and reality shows. Most of her time is spent on “Pavitra Rishta”.
- In 2011, she appeared on the TV Reality Dance Show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4” with her future husband Sushant Singh Rajput. Of the 15 contestants, Ankita was the 10th to get eliminated and Sushant was the 1st Runner-Up on the show.
- In February, 2011, Sushant Singh Rajput had proposed to Ankita Lokhande on an episode of “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa”.
- Since 2009, Ankita Lokhande has regularly won TV awards.
Wedding of Indian Celebrities and Film Stars:
- Sunny Leone’s Wedding To Daniel Weber
- John Abraham’s Wedding Plans
- Vidya Balan and Siddharth Roy Kapur’s Wedding
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Wedding Pictures and Details
- Ahana Deol’s Engagement and Wedding to Vaibhav Vohra
- Esha Deol’s Wedding To Bharat Thaktani
- Udita Goswami and Mohit Suri Wedding
- Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia’s Wedding
- Dia Mirza’s Wedding Plans with Sunil Singha
Wedding of Cricketers and Sport Stars:
- Shikhar Dhawan’s Wedding to Wife Ayesha Mukerjee
- Sachin Tendulkar’s Wedding to Wife Anjali Tendulkar
- Pakistani Cricketer Wasim Akram’s Wedding To Second Wife Shaniera Mia Thompson
- Gautum Gambhir and Natasha Jain’s Wedding
- Cheteshwar Pujara’s Wedding To Puja Pabari
- Indian fast bowler Umesh Yadav’s Wedding to Tanya Wadhwa
- Yusuf Pathan’s Wedding To Afreen
- Zaheer Khan and Isha Shirwani’s Marriage
- Are Harbhajan Singh and Geeta Basra Getting Married?
- R Ashwin’s marriage
Wedding of International Celebrities of Indian Origin:
- Big Bang Kunal Nayyar’s Wedding To Neha Kapur
- South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley’s Sikh and Methodist Weddings
- Lisa Ray’s Wedding to Jason Dehni
- Sunny Leone’s Wedding To Daniel Weber
- Steve Jobs’ Zen Buddhist Wedding to Laurene Powell Job