John Abraham – Priya Runchal Wedding Date, Location
John Abraham and fiance Priya Runchal have no immediate marriage plans since Priya is pursuing higher studies in London. Since it is a two year course, John Abraham and Priya Runchal’s wedding will probably take place in 2014. When the wedding is finalized, there is a strong possibility that it will take place in Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh.
In India, Priya Runchal’s family is from the beautiful region of Kangra in Himachal Pradesh, of which Dharamshala is the headquarters. Ironically, John Abraham’s father’s family is settled in McLeodganj in Kangra district. The Abrahams have an ancestral home in McLeodganj. McLeodganj is where the Dalai Lama resides.
According to an Indian national daily, Priya Runchal’s father, Akshay Runchal, has made enquiries in Dharamshala regarding marriage registration. John Abraham too had visited Dharamshala and McLeodganj after the death of Priya’s grandfather who passed away at the age of 101 on April 2, 2012 in Dharamshala. While in Dharamshala, John too made enquiries regarding registration of marriage.
Considering that John and Priya belong to different faiths and the fact that Priya Runchal is an US citizen, their marriage will need to be registered under the “Indian Special Marriage Act, 1954”. As per this act, Priya and John will have to give a 30 day notice period to the marriage registrar who will then put up a notice inviting any objections to this marriage. If there are no objections at the end of the 30 day period, John Abraham and Priya Runchal can register their marriage and start their married life as husband and wife.
As per reports John and Priya do not plan to have a religious marriage ceremony, only a civil registration of their marriage.
(Please Click on John and Priya’s pictures to Enlarge)
John Abraham and Priya Runchal’s Engagement
John Abraham and Priya Runchal reportedly got engaged in early 2012 when John and his family visited the US where Priya’s parents are settled.
John Abraham and Priya Runchal Love Story
Contrary to rumors that John Abraham and Priya Runwal first met in a gym in Bandra in December 2010, they actual met via a mutual friend in April of 2011 after he had broken up with Bipasha. John and Bipasha’s 8+ year relationship ended in early 2011. Post the break-up John and Priya got closer and love bloomed between the two. John has categorically denied that Bipasha and he broke-up because of his closeness to Priya. Priya and John only became serious after Bipasha and John broke up.
Although John and Priya have sometimes been seen together in public, on the whole, they have kept their relationship away from the media glare. John’s girlfriend Priya has not given any interviews.
About Priya Runchal
- Priya is in her late 20s.
- Priya Runcal is currently studying for a two year post graduate degree course in London.
- Priya was born in Los Angeles. She also spent her childhood in Los Angeles. Her relatives live in LA.
- Priya Runchal is a law student from the prestigious University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Previously Priya worked for the International Finance Corporation (IFC), which is part of the World Bank.
Pictures of John Abraham With Priya Runchal’s Parents
(Please click on pictures of Priya Runchal’s parents to Enlarge)
These are pictures of John Abraham driving fiancé, Priya Runchal, her father, Akshay Runchal, and her mother to the premiere of his movie, “Shootout In Wadala”.
Personal Information about John Abraham
John Abraham’s Family – Father, Mother and Brother
(Please click on the pictures of John Abraham’s Parents to Enlarge)
- John Abraham’s Father: John’s father’s name is “Abraham John”, which is the reverse of his name. John’s father is a Syrian Christian (Saint Thomas Christian). By profession, John Abraham’s father is an architect who runs the architect firm of “Abraham John Architects” (AJA). His son, Alan, and daughter-in-law, Anca, also work at AJA.
- John Abraham’s Mother: John Abraham’s mother is a Parsee Irani and her maiden name is “Firoza Fiooudan Irani Allahabadi”. John’s mother has family members in Iran and Pakistan.
- John Abraham’s Brother: John’s elder brother is Alan Abraham. Alan is an architect and photographer. Alan played an important role in designing John’s new house. Alan’s wife, Anca Florescu Abraham, is Romanian. They were married in 2008. Both Alan and Anca work at AJA.
- John Abraham’s Sister-In-Law: Anca Florescu Abraham fell in love with Alan Abraham in Mumbai. After a long courtship, they were married in Romania in April, 2008. Anca is a graduate in International Studies from “Institut des Hautes Etudes Européennes”. She currently works for the family firm of AJA.
(Please click on the pictures of John Abraham’s Parents to Enlarge)
John Abraham’s Brother and Sister-In-Law
John Abraham’s elder brother, Alan Abraham, is a photographer and architect. Alan, along with his father, Abraham John, run the award winning architecture firm of “Abraham John Architects” (AJA). Alan and his father designed and executed John Abraham’s elegant duplex apartment at Bandstand, Bandra.
Alan Abraham is married to Romanian, Anca Florescu Abraham. They were married in 2008. Anca is a graduate in International Studies and she too works for AJA.
(Please click on Alan and Anca Abraham’s picture to Enlarge)
In the above picture, John Abraham is gifting an Audi Q3 to his sister-in-law, Anca. Also a picture of Alan, Anca and Priya Runchal at the book launch of Alan and John’s cousin, Susy Mathew’s book, “In a Bubble of Time”.
Interesting Information About John Abraham
- John Abraham’s Parsi name is “Farhan”, which means “Happy”. It’s a name that aptly describes John. It was given by his mother and her family.
- In the past John has been linked with Bipasha Basu, Riya Sen and Tara Sharma.
- John Abraham is very health conscious. He does not smoke or drink alcohol.
- Social causes, in which John Abraham participates, include People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Habitat for Humanity and United Way.
- John Abraham considers Indian cricket captain M S Dhoni as a close friend. John and Bipasha Basu were among the few celebrities who attended Dhoni’s hush-hush wedding to Sakshi. Both Dhoni and John share a passion for motorcycles.
- John Abraham has his own line of clothes called “JA Clothes”. Currently “JA Clothes” is mainly focused on jeans.
John Abraham’s Education
- Both John and Alan Abraham studied at the prestigious Bombay Scottish School in Mahim, Mumbai. Famous alumni from Bombay Scottish School include Aamir Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, Hrithik Roshan, Ranbir Kapoor, Aditya Chopra, Ekta Kapoor, Tusshar Kapoor, Imran Khan, etc.
- The athletic John was a sports champion at school. He was the school’s football captain. So when you see John Abraham in the football ads on TV, he really knows what he is doing.
- According to John, he was shy student. As a kid he had pimples.
- John Abraham did his graduation in economics from South Mumbai’s “Jai Hind” College. He did his post graduation from “Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies” and Masters in Management Studies from the “Mumbai Educational Trust“, Mumbai.
John Abraham’s Early Career and Modeling
- Before becoming a model and an actor, John Abraham worked as a Media Planner in advertisement agency “Enterprises-Nexus” in Mumbai.
- John Abraham came into the limelight by winning the Gladrags Manhunt contest in 1999. Later that year he stood second at the “Manhunt International” contest held in the Philippines. John has expressed the depth of gratitude he owes to Maureen Wadia who organizes the Gladrags contest.
- John modeled around the world in New York, London, Hong Kong, Mumbai. He was represented by Carrie Models in Singapore.
- With a view to getting into the movie business, John took acting lesions from Kishore Namit Kapoor. He also appeared in Hindi music videos.
John Abraham’s Film Debut, Movie Career and Endorsements
- John Abraham made his movie debut in the 2003 thriller “Jism” which was directed by Amit Saxena and was produced and written by the Bhatts (Pooja and Mahesh). John was nominated for “Filmfare Best Debut Award” for “Saaya” in 2003.
- Major films in which John Abraham has acted are Dhoom (2004 – he received a Filmfare Best Villian nomination), Water (2005), Garam Masala (2005), Zinda (2006 – he received a Filmfare Best Villian nomination), Taxi No. 9211 (2006), Baabul (2006 – Filmfare Best Supporting Actor nomination), Kabul Express (2006), Salaam-E-Ishq (2007), Dostana (2008), New York (2009), Jhootha Hi Sahi (2010), Force (2011), Desi Boyz (2011), Houseful 2 (2012), Shootout at Wadala (2013).
- John Abraham turned movie producer with the successful “Vicky Donor” (2012), in which he did an item song. “Vicky Donor” was awarded the National Award for Best Film providing Wholesome Entertainment.
- His production company is called “John Abraham Entertainment”. The second movie produced by John is “Banana”. Besides movie production, “John Abraham Entertainment” is also involved in producing commercials and celebrity management (Ayushmann Khurrana and Yami Gautam are clients).
- John Abraham appears in ads for Garnier Men’s cosmetics, VIP Skybags, Philips Razors, Yamaha, Haier Refrigerators. John is also the Brand Ambassador for Audi India and Yamaha India. He is also the Ambassador for the Mumbai Marathon.
John Abraham’s Home At Bandstand in Bandra, Mumbai
John Abraham has a house on the 7th and 8th floor of “Sea Glimpse Apartments” at Bandstand in Bandra, Mumbai. Many Indian film stars have their homes at Bandstand and Bandra. Actors who live at Bandra Bandstand include Shahrukh Khan in his house “Mannat”, Salman Khan at Gemini Apartments, Rekha, Pooja Bhatt, Jackie Shroff, Zeenat Aman, etc.
John Abraham’s 2 storied, 5000 sq ft house, has been designed by his father, Abraham John and his brother, Alan Abraham. The apartment has no internal walls and is primarily built with glass and wood. The large glass windows in the house face the Arabian Sea. This open architectural design gives the impression of a large open, flowing space.
(Please click on pictures of John Abraham’s house to Enlarge)
John Abraham’s Motorcycle and Bikes
(Please click on John Abraham’s motorcycle picture to Enlarge)
John Abraham is a motorbike enthusiast. Starting with a Yamaha RE 350 motorcycle that he bought at the age of 18, John has owned Royal Enfield, Royal Enfield Machismo, Kawasaki Ninja ZX11 D2, Kawasaki Ninja ZX 12 R and Suzuki GSX1000 RR.
John Abraham currently owns a Yamaha VMAX 1700cc superbike (please see pictures). John Abraham is the Brand Ambassador for Yamaha India.
A funny incident narrated by John – He was riding his motorcycle in Mumbai and had stopped at a traffic signal. Since he was wearing a helmet, people did not realize it was John. A bunch of college kids on motorcycles also stopped at the signal and they contemptuously told him, “Do you think you are John Abraham?”
Indian cricket captain, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, is a close friend of John Abraham. Both are crazy about bikes. Often when Dhoni is in Mumbai, he goes out on his motorcycle with John.
Wedding of Indian Celebrities and Film Stars:
- Sunny Leone’s Wedding To Daniel Weber
- Big Bang’s Kunal Nayyar’s Wedding To Neha Kapur (Miss India)
- Vidya Balan and Siddharth Roy Kapur’s Wedding
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Wedding Pictures and Details
- Ahana Deol’s Engagement and Wedding to Vaibhav Vohra
- Esha Deol’s Wedding To Bharat Thaktani
- Udita Goswami and Mohit Suri Wedding
- Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia’s Wedding
- Dia Mirza’s Wedding Plans with Sunil Singha
Wedding of Cricketers and Sport Stars:
- Shikhar Dhawan’s Wedding to Wife Ayesha Mukerjee
- Sachin Tendulkar’s Wedding to Anjali; Photos of Sachin and Family
- Wasim Akram’s Wedding To His Second Wife, Shaniera Mia Thompson
- Gautum Gambhir and Natasha Jain’s Wedding
- Cheteshwar Pujara’s Wedding To Puja Pabari
- Indian fast bowler Umesh Yadav’s Wedding to Tanya Wadhwa
- Yusuf Pathan’s Wedding To Afreen
- Zaheer Khan and Isha Shirwani’s Marriage
- R Ashwin’s marriage
Wedding of International Celebrities of Indian Origin:
- Big Bang Kunal Nayyar’s Wedding To Neha Kapur (Miss India)
- South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley’s Sikh and Methodist Weddings
- Lisa Ray’s Wedding to Jason Dehni
- Sunny Leone’s Wedding To Daniel Weber
- Steve Jobs’ Zen Buddhist Wedding to Laurene Powell Job